Thousands of people & organisations place their trust in us as a result of our commitment to providing reports of where the money that’s been raised is being spent. Our processes include:
- Where there’s a large appeal and major disaster, we encourage delegations of major donors, opinion formers, journalists, and elected representatives visit the disaster zone to inspect how the funds raised by Sewa UK are being spent. For the Gujarat
- earthquake Members of Parliament, media representatives, donor organisations and other delegations visited the disaster zone to observe for themselves how the money was being utilised.
- We depend on our supporters and donors to visit projects and provide feedback on their visits to India. Read some of their comments here
- We demand regular updates and evidence of money being disbursed by our partner NGOs. These updates may include photos and such first-hand accounts from independent persons or respected sources.
- We insist on an auditable paper trail of any expenditure that’s been sent to a partner NGO.
- We depend on our supporters and donors to visit projects and provide feedback on their visits to India.